You’re invited to our special ‘astronaut training’, where you can take part in a range of activities to get you prepared for space.
Each zone starts with a training video before you get your chance to try the activities.
Our space programme
- Kit check – investigate a space suit and make your own mini one
- Zero gravity training – have fun on an adventurous activity
- Diet in space – try space food and learn how it works
- Flying skills – can you master our drone course?
- Space knowledge – look up, and have a go at stargazing in our pop-up planetarium
- Team work – tackle an adventurous activity together
- Women in space – are you up to the challenge with our team quiz? Plus, enjoy our themed film night
- Your space flight – a special VR experience.
Included in the price
- Full catering from Friday evening until Sunday lunchtime
- Indoor accommodation
- For Brownies and Guides
- Starts: 6pm Friday 27 January 2023
- Finishes: 2pm Sunday 29 January 2023
- A kit list will be provided closer to the time
- One leader per ration goes free. Additional leaders are charged at normal rate
- No Licence required
- You will need to ensure you have completed the required Girlguiding forms for this event e.g. information and consent form, health information form etc – find out more
- A Residential Event Notification (REN) form will need to be completed for your local commissioner – find out more
- Shop visit included
Still want to have the fun of Space Camp but can’t join us for the whole weekend? Don’t worry, we’ve put in a day visit option just for you – for only £30 per person.
Time: 9am – 5pm
Space training activities included. Please bring a packed lunch. One leader per ratio goes free.
Can I volunteer at this event?
Of course! Without volunteers we wouldn’t be able to make this fantastic event happen. No experience is necessary – just enthusiasm and a can-do attitude. To register your interest for this event, or any of the Blackland Farm events in 2023, email firstname.lastname@example.org