You’re invited to our special ‘astronaut training’, where you can take part in a range of activities to get you prepared for space.
Each zone starts with a training video before you get your chance to try the activities.
Our space programme
- Kit check – investigate a space suit and make your own mini one
- Diet in space – try space food and learn how it works
- Flying skills – can you master our drone course?
- Space knowledge – look up, and have a go at stargazing
- Women in space – are you up to the challenge with our team quiz?
- Your space flight – a special VR experience.
- Visit to Royal Observatory included
- For Brownies and Guides
- Starts: 10am Saturday 8 October 2022
- Finishes: 2pm Sunday 9 October 2022
- Indoor accommodation – ICANDO Sleepover style (fold out sleeping mats in the main room)
- One free leader per unit ratio, additional leaders charged at the standard rate
- Travel costs to/from the Royal Observatory included in the price
- Kit list to include: sleeping bag, small pillow, pyjamas, slippers/slipper socks, cuddly toy, change of underwear, wash bag, small towel and flannel, warm jacket/coat, waterproof jacket, warm hat and gloves, warm top and bottoms, sunhat and sunscreen, refillable drinks bottle, day backpack, shoes, spending money, preferably in coins, in a named purse
- Food provided from first evening meal through to lunch on last day
- Packed lunch required
- No Licence required
- You will need to ensure you have completed the required Girlguiding forms for this event e.g information and consent form, health information form etc – find out more
- A Residential Event Notification (REN) form will need to be completed for your local commissioner – find out more
- Shop visit included
Can I volunteer at this event?
Of course! Without volunteers we wouldn’t be able to make this fantastic event happen. No experience is necessary – just enthusiasm and a can-do attitude. To register your interest for this event, or any of the ICANDO events in 2022, email firstname.lastname@example.org