Want to know more about Waddow Hall? The below is designed to give you detailed information and help you plan your visit.
Things to do and see nearby
- Culture festivals in the areas such as Ribble Valley Jazz Festival, Clitheroe Food Festival, Pendle Walking Festival, Cloudspotting Festival, Beat Herder Festival, Ribble Valley Scooter Rally and Royal Lancashire show.
- Places to visit for shopping & eating out – Clitheroe, Longridge, Whalley.
- Walking venues include Hodder Valley, Forest of Bowland OANB, close to Yorkshire dales and venues such as Gisburn Forest, Malham Cove, Pendle Hill, Stocks Reservoir, Tolkien Trail.
- Places of heritage and interest such as Sawley Abbey, Stonyhurst College, Clitheroe Castle, Whalley Abbey, Ribchester Roman Museum and Browsholme Hall.
- Picturesque villages to discover such as Downham, Bolton by Bowland, Chipping, Dunsop Bridge (centre of the UK), Hurst Green, Sabden, Sawley and Waddington.
- Explore the Lancashire cycleway – the northern loop encompasses the Forest of Bowland, Blackpool, Lancaster and Arnside & Silverdale. The southern loop includes Pendle, Blackburn, Burnley, Chorley and West Lancashire areas.
Download a PDF of Waddow Hall’s site map.
Payment information can be found in our terms and conditions.
Our onsite shop sells a variety of Girlguiding uniform, resources, badges and souvenirs. The shop will be open on Saturday 10am – 4pm, and on Sunday from 10am – 2pm. We are able to open the shop at other times by prior arrangement.
We have an onsite bar, located in the Main Hall building. This is open from 6pm – 11pm when there is an adult group staying in the Main Hall.
All water on our site is drinking water, however, should you prefer bottled water, you can purchase this from the onsite shop.
Rubbish, recycling and glass
These bins are located in the car park, and also in front of Ranger Cottage and The Stables. We recycle paper, card, tins and plastic bottles in the mixed recycling bins and glass in the designated bin. All other waste should be placed in a black bin bag and placed in the general waste bin. There also general waste bins around both toilet blocks on the campsites.
Smoking is not permitted in any of the buildings on site. There is a designated smoking area – please ask for this on check-in, if required.
We are a family site, so whilst you are permitted to consume alcohol, we ask you to please be respectful of other families. We have the right to ask anyone to leave if their behaviour is not appropriate for a family environment.
We ask that you please keep glass to a minimum around the grounds. Should there be any breakages, the glass needs to be collected and disposed of in an appropriate way. All glass should be recycled in the recycle bin.
Following our licence terms, we operate a quiet site from 10pm – 8am.
Dogs are permitted on the campsites and should be kept on a lead wherever possible. Owners must respect other campers that may be scared or allergic to dogs and responsibly clear up any mess around the site, disposing of it in onsite bins. They are not permitted in any of the onsite buildings. Should you need to bring an assistance dog, please email email@example.com
Campfires and BBQs
Disposable BBQs on or with stands are permitted on the campsites. Hard ground is available for you to use where possible or place the BBQ on top of an altar fire.
Vehicles on site
There is a 10mph speed limit on site. Please observe this at all times. Vehicles cannot be taken onto any grass areas. All vehicles should be parked in the car park.
During your visit you will be primarily responsible for the first aid of your group. Should the incident be more serious, we will support in whatever way we are able to, but you must contact the emergency services before notifying the duty manager on 07808 642506. If you do need to contact the emergency services on either 999 or 112, your location is Waddow Hall, Waddington Road Clitheroe, BB7 3LD. You will also need to give the name of the accommodation you are in, or your location on the site. We have a defibrillator on-site; this is located in the office of the Main Hall building.
Royal Blackburn Hospital, Haslingden Road, Blackburn BB2 3HH, Tel: 01254 263555.
There will be a member of staff on reception between the hours of 9am – 5pm Monday to Thursday, and from 9am until 9pm on Fridays and Saturdays. You are welcome to check into your accommodation from 4pm on arrival day, and check out times are 10.30am Monday to Saturday, 2pm Sunday. On arrival, please come to the main hall reception, where we will check you in and let you have the keys for your accommodation. For emergencies and arrivals out of office hours, please contact the Duty Manager on 07808 642506.