We take your safety seriously at Foxlease. We want all our visitors to experience the fun of new activities, with the reassurance that they’re in safe hands.
Each and every day we carry out risk assessments to decide which activities are safe for us to run and for you to take part in. Weather conditions, instructor competency, group numbers, the ability of group members, age and clothing are all taken into account.
The instructors to participant ratios shown in the operating procedures are the upper limits. Sometimes it may be necessary to make the group size smaller or add another instructor.
Our risk assessments are living documents. They’re regularly revised and updated to adapt to what is found out by instructor experience, accident forms, new legislation and new guidelines from national governing bodies, Girlguiding, Hampshire County Council and the Adventure Activities Licensing Authority.
Get in touch with us if you would like copies of our risk assessments or have any questions.
Download examples of our risk assessments below.
- Generic risk assessment
- Abseiling risk assessment
- Archery risk assessment
- Bushcraft risk assessment
- Canoe and kayak risk assessment
- Circus skills risk assessment
- Climbing wall risk assessment
- Crate challenge risk assessment
- Foil fencing risk assessment
- Geocaching and orienteering risk assessment
- High ropes risk assessment
- Initiative exercises risk assessment
- Pond dipping and minibeasting risk assessment
- Pioneering risk assessment
- Raft building risk assessment
- Slack line risk assessment
- Swimming pool risk assessment
- Traverse wall risk assessment
- Tunnelling risk assessment
- Zip wire risk assessment
Covid-19 Policy Statement
Girlguiding is committed to the priority of the safety of its employees, customers, contractors, and all visitors to its owned and operated sites. Strengthened by continued and regular review of the advice provided by the UK government and the NHS on how the virus can be managed and contained, and as a result maintain robust plans in place, which will be adapted as advice and guidance continues to evolve. Read the latest Covid-19 Secure Policy.
Book your visit to Foxlease.