The Friends of Foxlease community
Foxlease is so much more than a building – albeit a very interesting and special one. It’s set in its own area of the New Forest which gives us the privilege of feeling at home here, whether camping, visiting Princess Mary House, staying in one of the other accommodation buildings, or just enjoying the surrounding area of the New Forest.
Funding is obviously important, and the Friends do help to raise money, but we recognise that people are most important. Without enthusiasm, willingness to offer help and to come and visit, Foxlease could not continue to exist. This is where the Friends of Foxlease come into their own.
Our Friends are made up of Girlguiding leaders, Trefoil members, supporters and volunteers, all of whom have enjoyed visits to Foxlease and want to contribute to it remaining viable for many years to come. We would love you to join us as there is so much to share and enjoy, and to help preserve, to ensure Foxlease’s future.
Friends (and their family and friends) are welcome at Foxlease for mid-week leisure breaks and to receive Friends newsletters and Foxlease Matters newsletter.
You can become a Friend for as little as £5 a year for an annual subscription, or why not ask us about becoming a Life Member?
How do I join?
If you’re interested in becoming a Friend of Foxlease, there are various ways you can contact us:
- Go to the Friends Facebook Page
- Contact the Secretary for an application form firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Foxlease and ask them to pass on your details.
2020 dates for your diary
- Friends Day-Too – Saturday 4th April (with optional pre-overnight bed, breakfast and evening meal if required)
- Friends Day, AGM and afternoon tea – Saturday 4th July
- Friends Weekend – Friday July 3rd to Monday July 6th (fully catered stay)
Look out for more information about our centenary celebrations in 2022!
Volunteering at Foxlease
Foxlease FIRST volunteers (Fit – Interested – Ready to Serve – Team)
Volunteers provide practical help in a huge variety of ways, such as:
- helping in the Foxlease Guiding shop
- becoming a Hostess to help guests enjoy their stay
- working in the garden
- helping to plan and promote our 2022 celebrations!
We’d love you to join us! To become a volunteer, contact email@example.com and your details will be forwarded to our Volunteer Co-ordinator. Membership of Friends is not a pre-requisite – you can still volunteer.